Buses From Bergamo Airport
Bergamo Airport is quite small and the shuttle buses for Milan and Bergamo are well signposted in the arrivals hall and can be caught just outside. They set passengers down at the same stops: for departures go into arrivals and turn right for the departures hall.
‘Terravision’, ‘Autostrada’ and the ‘Orio Shuttle’ are the main low cost coach companies that operate out of Bergamo Orio Al Serio Airport and they provide airport transfers to and from Milan plus many other destinations, at very affordable prices.
Another alternative is to book a private transfer or a seat on a private shuttle bus to destinations like Zermatt, Lugano, Aosta Valley, Lombardy and Trentino.
You can catch the following buses from Milan Bergamo Airport. To make sure that you have the very latest timetable (they change with the seasons) click on the link for the bus company operating the route:
Bus 1 to railway station and Upper Bergamo city
- Airport – Orio al Serio – Via Lunga – Boccaleone – Malpensata – Bergamo Central Train Station – Porta Nuova – Funicular station – P Mercato Scarpe – Colle Aperto.
- Buses depart from outside the arrivals terminal every 25-35 minutes from 05:18-00:00. Journey time 15 minutes.
Adult single (3 zones) €2,00 including a 20x40x60 cm size suitcase (larger suitcases require another ticket. Adult day ticket costs €4,00 (includes return to airport and all travel within Bergamo) 3 day ticket costs €6,00 (includes return to airport and all travel within Bergamo). You can buy tickets at the airport ticket office, the bus station and from ticket machine.
For more details visit the ATB website or telephone +39 035 236 026.
Shuttle Bus/Autostradale Bus to Milan City Centre
- Runs from the airport to Piazza Luigi di Savoia alongside the Milano F.S. Centrale Railway Station stopping at Cascina Gobba on the way to Milan (except for 6 services which call at Milan Lambrate instead). It is a 60 minute journey to Milan City Centre and 45 minutes to Lambrate. There is a booking desk in the arrivals terminal.
- Buses depart at regular intervals from Bergamo Airport outside the arrivals terminal daily from 04:00 to 01:00.
Buses leave the Central Railway station in Milan from 04:00 to 23:30 at 30 minute or hourly intervals depending on the time of day.
- €10.00 adult single /return €16.00. Child (5-12 years) €6,00-10,00. Children under 4 travel free.
For more details visit the Terravision website
Shuttle to Milan City Centre
- 65 minutes journey from the airport to Piazza Luigi di Savoia alongside the Central Railway Station in central Milan. Orio has a reservations desk in the arrivals terminal.
- Timings from airport:
- Buses leave the airport daily at regular intervals from 03:15 to 22:45 . Saturday from 03:40 to 22:20
- Timings from city:
- Buses leave the Central train station in Milan Monday-Friday from 04:25 to midnight.
- Adult single €10,00/return €16,00, Children (2-12) €4,00. Children under 2 go free.
- Tel +39 035 319 366 or visit www.orioshuttle.com
Ski Shuttle Bus to the Dolomites & South Tyrol
- Bergamo Airport – Verona/Brescia Airport – Bolzano (Julius Perathoner) – Ortisei – St Christina – Selva
- Buses depart summer and winter from outside the arrivals hall.
- Transfer Times:
- To Bolzano 2:30 and Selva 3:50.
- Adult: €24,00 single €38,00 return. Children under 5 travel free.
For more details visit the Terravision website
Bus to Brescia
- One hour journey which leaves from outside arrivals to Brescia Ciba Station. There is a booking desk in the arrivals terminal.
- Leave the airport five times daily from 08:30 to 22:00. Leave Brescia daily from 06:15 to 19:40
- Adult €15,00 single, children (2-12) €7,00
- Tel +39 035 318 472 or visit the www.autostradale.it
Bus to Lambrate
Runs to Milan Lambrate Railway station just north of Milan Linate Airport.
- 50 minute journey with around six buses daily which depart roughly at three hourly intervals and costs €8,00 adult single and €15,00 return.
- Tel +39 035 318 472 or visit www.autostradale.it
Once you have got from Milan Bergamo Airport to the city centre it is quite easy to get around on foot, but the town also has a good bus network. A funicular railway connects the lower town with the Citta Alta: from the station walk straight ahead towards the hill for about 15-20 minutes. The funicular station is on Viale Vittorio Emanuele II (which is where the road bends around the foot of the hill).
Or from Bergamo station you can catch the number 1 bus which runs to the funicular, and then on the furthest part of the Citta Alta, by the second funicular, to San Vigilio. You can buy tickets from bars or machines and your best option is a one-day ticket (a biglietto giornaliero), which costs €3,00 and is valid on buses and funiculars.